Healthy Bites: Delicious Fruity Popsicles
Watermelon & Blackberry/Grapefruit Popsicles
Nothing beats fresh fruit in the heat of a desert summer. These fresh homemade popsicles kick it up a notch by being ice cold. If you do not have a Popsicle mold at home you can easily use small paper cups that you can peel off once frozen and if you plan to buy a mold then choose BPA free like you would all plastic products, you can find these on EBay.
- 1 cup watermelon cubes, de-seeded
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- In a food processor add watermelon and sugar, blend until a smooth consistency forms.
- Carefully pour into Popsicle molds and freeze overnight.
Yields: 8 popsicles
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed grapefruit juice
- In a food processor add blackberries and sugar, blend. Carefully pour blackberry mixture into Popsicle molds leaving about 1 inch of space remaining.
- Pour fresh grapefruit juice in remaining space and freeze overnight.
Yields: 8 servings