Hairstyles for Summer 2012
Rock your way into summer this year sporting one of these trendy looks straight off the London catwalk scene. Bring Jeddah into the now and be the first to get fashionable!
We start with the ponytail. You can jazz this up by adding some gel to the combed back section and keeping the pony free of product. This creates a nice sleek and textured look all in one. As seen on the Donna Karen Spring/Summer collection. Add a wrap around the pony for a 90’s feel. Ladies, you can easily pull this look off.
Deep side partings are in, whether you have bangs or not, get parting. As seen on the J Mendel S/S collection. You can keep it soft and sweet or grunge it up by slicking one side behind the ear and (overnight plaiting needed) on the other side let all the waves hang loose. (A quick tip for those plaited textured waves if you don’t have time to sleep on them. Plait the hair and use the straightening irons to clamp the plait moving all the way down, then remove and hey presto, you have instant textured waves )
There is mega 90’s influence going on right now. So copycat these styles or make them your own by adding your finishing touches to it.
Accessorize with pretty things in the hair. Use them around buns that are slick with gel, or no gel if you would rather. It’s your choice. But don’t forget to add the fancy bits to make it look trendy.
- The Gucci S/S collection we saw adding cool metallic clips to the ponytails for the mega Gucci feel. You can even ask your colourist for Metallic streaks to go with this look. So in right now it’s ridiculous.
- Go super uber crazy with hair clips and pieces for your updo’s this summer. Dare to be different!
- We don’t need to be a Royal to be a princess. Add a cute Tiara to your soft up-do.
Blowdry long hair into soft waves. If you dare, find the biggest, greatest, hat to really make a statement look.
- Think Veronica Lake and set hair into big volume curls and brush out with a deep side part into these glamour puss waves. Take note of the makeup to go with this look.
- Alternatively, center part your hair and get your heated rollers out for more soft glamour. Think Kate Middleton for shine and Olivia Palermo for bounce.
The London Olympics 2012 are having an impact on hair and fashion. Dare-to-not-care with wet look hair. Perfect with mirror shine for this sport-influenced look and show your support for all the teams from around the world.